HO CHI MINH (SAIGON) VIETNAM TRIP


I was hesitant at first to blog about my foreign travels because I created this blog primarily to share our adventures as well as to help promote the beauty of THE PHILIPPINES... but after contemplating, here I am finally tipping my keys recounting my/our foreign escapades.

Vietnam was my first out-of-country experience and thanks to Cebu Pacific for offering promo fares.  The anxiety of being far from home worried of what might happen here and there were things that kept me jittering.  All the time, I kept praying for the Lord’s guidance and protection for myself and for my 3 kiddos and family that are all hoping for my safe return.

Well, for this trip being a first timer, I left all the researches and arrangements to my companions and I just went with the flow.  First lessons before boarding the plane as follows:  (a) pay travel tax of P1620, (b) terminal fee of P750; (c) fill-up departure card for the declaration of your travel details – where to stay, purpose of travel, duration, etc – to be surrendered to the PH immigration; then (d) go by the local immigration and pass their queries, if any.

While on board, I learnt that several documents are to be filled-up for declaration to the country you’re visiting.  So another lesson was to carry a pen.  Then upon arrival, we went through the immigration again for passport stamping, a sign that you were permitted to enter their country.

ho chi minh trip, vietnam trip

We were able to enter Vietnam hassle free and it was 2am already when we left the airport. Along the way, though partly lit, I noticed the clean orderly surroundings and no sign of smoke from the vehicles.  Can’t help this early to compare and wish for the same back home.


We stayed at Saigon’s Sports 1 Hotel at USD30 per night with free buffet breakfast for two.  The room can actually accommodate three persons but you need to pay extra USD3 for the buffet.  The narrow lot/floor area was something noticeable of Saigon as most of establishments around occupies an average of 75-100sqms.  For best rates, check this link.


Another uniquely famous about Vietnam is their coffee.  According to some, it’s far beyond the Starbucks taste... Hmmm.... as a coffee addict, I was longing for the morning already to savor Vietnam’s coffee....


ho chi minh city, ho chi minh map, saigon map, map ho chi minh city, map cu chi tunnel, map vietnam, vietnam map, ho chi minh attractions, ho chi minh tour guide, around ho chi minh
courtesy of www.200stran.ru

VIETNAM

Travel Date: October 2010


19 comments:

  1. thanks for reading my blog.. yep i believe there are plenty of areas to visit in Vietnam.. i wanna try crossing hanoi-ho chi minh, also, vietnam-cambodia-thailand...

    hope to see you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning to write about the war remnants museum when I write about Vietnam. There's so much that people need to know about the effects of war. Thanks for this post! Makes me want to go back to Vietnam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup.. wanna go back and i'm actually planning a thailand-cambodia-vietnam trip.. hope it will prosper within the year :)

      happy travelling.

      Delete
  3. Its really very interesting blog. Thanks for sharing this nice blog..

    Vietnam Public Holidays 2015

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post man. If you have one more day, you should visit Vung Tau, it's one of the best beach in South Vietnam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post on Ho Chi Minh. :) By the way, the link for "DAY 1 - AROUND HO CHI MINH CITY (PART II)" is broken... it should be part-ii instead of part-iii :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With at least three months of constant traveling and with no foreseeable income in sight, I decided to kick off my trip in Vietnam where most things are inexpensive and the food is phenomenal. visas for vietnam

    ReplyDelete
  7. The town set up these logs on the side of the river that are just high enough to keep the swans in the water, טיסות לחול

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vietnam was sooo hot and very beautiful although we only got to see a small part of the country. We will absolutely have to go back there again one day to explore further. Over the next week or so I hope to write up another few posts covering our exciting travels to date.

    Tirupati Tour Packages from Chennai | Chennai to Tirupati Package

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading this blog, i've decided to visit Vietnam for my vacation holidays.
    luton Meet And Greet

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice information. Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!

    one day trip from Chennai
    tours and travels in Chennai
    madurai one day tour package
    one day tirupati package from chennai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Friend,

    Amazing dear you explain very well.. and if you want to visit tiruapti at very cheapest cost then visit here:-chennai to tirupati car packages

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    This is definitely one of the best articles I have read in this website! Thanks to write. This is realy nice information. We are doing the same service with affordable cost for one day tour package from chennai to tirupati.

    Regards
    one day tour package from chennai to tirupati

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work places to visit in Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. short Trek in Darjeeling

    ReplyDelete

Follow @mountainsnbeyond

Featured Post

Why I Climb Mountains?

This post was long overdue…. Sometimes in November 2014, I stumbled upon TripAdvisor’s Why I Travel series and it led to a realization of w...

AROUND THE PHILIPPINES

ASIA & BEYOND