TALIPANAN FALLS – Talipanan, Puerto Galera, Mindoro


TALIPANAN FALLS 
Talipanan, Puerto Galera, Mindoro
 
We trekked the Talipanan Falls during our Puerto Galera trip rigth after the summer outreach program at the Mangyan Village of Talipanan.  It was my first “official” trek with my 3 kiddos and despite my worries of the kiddos safety, their excited faces was hard to resist. 

TALIPANAN FALLS – Talipanan, Puerto Galera, Mindoro
I allowed my eldest to join the lead group with sister as a watch while hubby and I attended to the two.  The almost 90-degree wall confirmed the fear of heights of my 2nd child as she was literally trembling as she pushes herself up.  After several fruitless tries, she pleaded her dad to just stay.  They then enjoyed the river with a mini-falls.
TALIPANAN FALLS, Talipanan Puerto Galera Mindoro, puerto galera falls, talipanan falls puerto galera, mindoro falls
With my youngest eagerness to pursue, we followed the lead group.  I can't also bear the thought of my eldest being away from my sight.  So slowly, we trekked with me carrying my youngest as we crossed streams and galloped through rocks.   A new experience for us but thankful that it was just a 40-minute trek.

After an hour at the waterfalls, we headed back to my husband for our lunch.  My 2nd child excitedly asks her siblings about their experience at the waterfalls.  I know she was also curious but she never showed any signs of frustrations or envy.  She humbly shared that she also enjoyed the “mini” falls that was already a paradise for her.  

Just before we left, some locals joined my kiddos and had fun gliding at the “mini” falls.  I can’t help but reminisced my childhood days - free from worries and filled with fun...


TALIPANAN FALLS, Talipanan Puerto Galera Mindoro, puerto galera falls, talipanan falls puerto galera, mindoro fallsTALIPANAN FALLS, Talipanan Puerto Galera Mindoro, puerto galera falls, talipanan falls puerto galera, mindoro falls

Travel Date: April 2012 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @mountainsnbeyond

Featured Post

Why I Climb Mountains?

This post was long overdue…. Sometimes in November 2014, I stumbled upon TripAdvisor’s Why I Travel series and it led to a realization of w...

AROUND THE PHILIPPINES

ASIA & BEYOND