Mt. Butalao Dayhike Plus an Overnight Camping at Burot Beach



I’ve always preferred to climb Batulao early morning especially for dayhikes but as always, I constantly end up savoring the heat of Batulao… I don’t know what’s with me coz no matter how I’ve known how fiery it could be, my shield frequently comes shorthanded.

Anyways, for this dayhike, the thought of a rewarding beach after this blistering trek kept me going… Beach, beach, beach….

mt batulao itinerary, mt batulao trail, mt batulao day hike, dayhike mt batulao, batulao trail, batulao itinerary, mt batulao map

Actual itinerary as follows:
7am to 9am – travelled from Manila to Evercrest
930am – start of trek via the new trail
11am – finally reached the registration area after countless stops to take cover
1130am – resumed trek to summit
1215pm – reached the summit with trail bottles drained
1220pm – started descent via the old trail
115pm – reached the old trail registration area
3pm – back at jump-off, regrouped with the team and prepared for Burot Beach

imagine how muddy the trail can be during the rainy season
mt batulao itinerary, mt batulao trail, mt batulao day hike, dayhike mt batulao, batulao trail, batulao itinerary, mt batulao map
beautiful Batulao ridge
my pose before paying the registration fee.. hehehe..
at the summit with a roasted face...
that's me, maneuvering my way down..
batulao old trail
the wall part -- with water gushing down amidst the heat of the sun

mt batulao itinerary, mt batulao trail, mt batulao difficulty, mt batula ridge
one of the steep part in the old trail -- between the summit and the campsite..
mt batulao itinerary, mt batulao trail, mt batulao day hike, dayhike mt batulao, batulao trail, batulao itinerary, mt batulao map
one of the campsites with Batulao ridge backdrop..
It was already 4pm when we left for Calatagan and an hour thereafter, the welcome marker greeted us.  We stopped at Calatagan proper for our supplies provision then after a literally “rocky” ride and a shade before 6pm, the beautiful Burot Beach hailed before us.

I thought at first that being undeveloped, road unpaved, unadvertised – we will be alone in the beach… but as soon we entered the area, all tables were taken, several tents were up, parking occupied, laughter all over… wow… it resembled Anawangin.  I can’t help imagine how it looked at summer.

Well, we managed to find our place… We camped the farthest, nearing the shattered port… The bonus for me is the beautiful sky as painted by the earlier sunset…

batulao sidetrip, sidetrip after batulao climb, burot beach, beach in batangas, calagatan beach, burot beach calatagan, batangas beach camping, calatagan camping, calatagan beach camping
sunset at Burot Beach
batulao sidetrip, sidetrip after batulao climb, burot beach, beach in batangas, calagatan beach, burot beach calatagan, batangas beach camping, calatagan camping, calatagan beach camping
Burot Beach...

Travel Date: October 2013
Batangas Hiking Spots:

16 comments:

  1. for tryk ride to burot beach,,pls contact 0949-7411-982..thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello...meron po ba kayong dalang tali..? or meron dun..? katakot bumaba...hahaha 1st timer...:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! is there a bus going to burot beach/calatagan from the jump off of mt. batulao?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every week-end I used to pay a fast visit this site, because I’d like enjoyment, because this web site conations certainly fussy material. Family Tent Site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice trip, i want to travel now :(((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I want enjoy with this person. you guys are really lucky. Really i'm missing my outdoor camping. Best Family Tents

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello po. pwede po magtanung? panu po kaya pumunta ng calatagan burot beach pag baba ng mt bautlao? Salamat po

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, take a San Agustin or DLTB Bus and alight at Lian market, then a jeepney to Calatagan Public market, then trike to Burok Beach.

      thanks.

      Delete
  9. Hi magkano pamasahe from the jump off papuntang burot beach? Thankyou! Planning to go there sa 22.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello po. may traverse po ba na beach? gusto po kasi namin beach camp, bonfire. saan po kaya pwedeng bundok? salamat po.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beach tents offer more excitement with the family through these easy steps. Create your own kind of fun while enjoying your holiday with the whole family.canopy tent reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. khasab overnight deals

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beach shade tents are accessible in different sizes from a solitary individual tent to a family estimate. Air vents can be opened to permit wind stream, while keeping within cool.Best beach tents

    ReplyDelete

Follow @mountainsnbeyond

Featured Post

Why I Climb Mountains?

This post was long overdue…. Sometimes in November 2014, I stumbled upon TripAdvisor’s Why I Travel series and it led to a realization of w...

AROUND THE PHILIPPINES

ASIA & BEYOND