IN TRANSIT FROM LAKE SEBU TO MIDSAYAP IN NORTH COTABATO



It was around 1130am when we returned to the terminal after our Lake Sebu Seven Falls adventure.  Koronadal [more known as Marbel to the locals] bound vans are scheduled to leave every 30 minutes so with half an hour to spare, hubby had a quick soup while I had my coffee paired with binangkal [sesame seed balls]. 



Soccsksargen map, south cotabato to cotabato trip, travel from koronadal to midsayap, koronadal to cotabato, marbel to cotabato, south kotabato to cotabato, marbel to north cotabatoWe arrived at Koranadal an hour thereafter but since there has no direct Koronadal-Midsayap trip, our only option was to take the Koronadal-Tacurong-Kabacan-Midsayap route.  So with rain pouring heavily and hungry tummies, we settled for an hour and a half ride in an elderly non-aircon bus to Tacurong.  Then at Tacurong, lucky for us to catch the 3pm last trip van to Kabacan.  It was my first to experience a public fully-loaded as in fully-loaded van.  A supposed 14-seater was able to fit 18 passengers with a conductor pressed hardly while standing by the door… Whew!  Thankfully, we reached Kabacan without a single cramp.  Then at Kabacan, we brawled with the others for a decent van ride to Midsayap…

I can’t believe we just passed 4 provinces in Mindanao namely South Kotabato - Sultan Kudarat - Maguindanao - North Cotabato with a fare of about P275 per head and a total travel time of 6 hours.

Finally, a little after 6pm we were settled in our room.  Our Cotabato host-friend suggested Hotel Angelo and we availed of their P900 room with breakfast for two.  While hubby was out looking for a place for dinner, I stretched my tired body… It has been a jam-packed day and in as much as I wanted to check the town also, I opted to rest.  I thought hunger was disregarded by the weary muscles but as soon as I saw hubby’s take home food, I jumped out of bed and consumed a plate of Cotabato’s version of pinakbet with lechon as the main dish. 

hotel angelo midsayap, midsayap hotel, where to stay in midsayap, hotels in midsayaphotel angelo midsayap, midsayap hotel, where to stay in midsayap, hotels in midsayap

On our next day, while waiting for our host-friend for our Alamada trip, we had an early walk at the Town Hall and the Plaza.  All of a sudden a loud siren or alarm startled our stroll… We proceeded pretending to be okay, I know and I believe it’s a safe place.  We then found out that it was a 7am town alarm.. Whew! I never knew that such practice still exists.

Midsayap town plaza, midsayap cotabato, midsayap north cotabato, how to go to midsayap, what to do in midsayap, midsayap tourist area, midsayap places to visitMidsayap town hall, midsayap cotabato, midsayap north cotabato, how to go to midsayap, what to do in midsayap, midsayap tourist area, midsayap places to visit


RELATED POSTS:

north cotabato map, cotabato map, kidapawan map, map north cotabato, map cotabato, aladama map, alamada north cotabato

Travel Date: June 2013
Mountains & Beyond's Blog List:

2 comments:

Follow @mountainsnbeyond

Featured Post

Why I Climb Mountains?

This post was long overdue…. Sometimes in November 2014, I stumbled upon TripAdvisor’s Why I Travel series and it led to a realization of w...

AROUND THE PHILIPPINES

ASIA & BEYOND